Logo
mekma2
1 hr. ago
Liverpool boss Andoni Iraola believes his side do not have enough wingers for the start of the season - but is confident they will find a solution before the end of the transfer window.
Liverpool had a £50m bid for Brighton's Yankuba Minteh rejected earlier this week and have explored the possibility of a move for Paris St-Germain's Ibrahim Mbaye.
PSG's Bradley Barcola remains Liverpool's main target as they look to strengthen in the wide attacking areas before the transfer window concludes.
"As a manager, this is an easy one for me. I wanted the players for the first day on 13 July - everyone here and all the positions doubled with top-level players," said Iraola when asked about the transfer window.
"But you understand how the competition works, that (the) market is open and you start the competition. We have to adapt as coaches to this situation.

#window #players #Competition #minteh
packetsi
4 hours ago
Yankuba Minteh has reportedly called his agent for an emergency meeting on Friday evening.
A reputable source on X (formerly Twitter) shared the update in question, following Liverpool's rejected £50m bid for the Gambia international this week.
The Merseysiders are looking to bolster the forward line with a minimum of two new options, with Bradley Barcola in line to be the club's marquee signing of the window.
To be clear, we're big fans of Yankuba Minteh and are excited about the prospect of what he could bring to this Andoni Iraola side.
However, we're simultaneously confused about Liverpool's strategy in the market, given that they apparently walked away from negotiations with PSG for Ibrahim Mbaye based on the 18-year-old's asking price.

#gambia #barcola
e9_ax986f6bgzbxs
6 hours ago
Andoni Iraola told Jamie Carragher that Liverpool "will definitely sign some players" this summer.
The Liverpool Echo's Paul Gorst shared the Basque head coach's comments on X (formerly Twitter) amid the club's ongoing push to sign Bradley Barcola.
On Thursday, the Merseysiders had a £50m opening bid for Yankuba Minteh rejected.
It's good to see that Iraola's beliefs on Liverpool's squad depth (or lack of) haven't changed since earlier in the summer transfer window.
And with us still short up front, not to mention in several other departments, it couldn't be clearer to the neutral that Liverpool are heading into the new campaign without an appropriate array of tools.

#Liverpool #iraola
wz_zt
16 days ago
Amid the ongoing pursuits of Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye, Liverpool are also understood to hold a 'concrete interest' in a current Premier League winger.
The Reds have reportedly made an opening offer of €105m (£89.9m) plus add-ons for the France international, although that has been rejected by Paris Saint-Germain, who are seeking a fee in the region of £145m (BBC Sport).
DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL EMPIRE OF THE KOP APP FOR ALL THE LATEST & BREAKING UPDATES – STRAIGHT TO YOUR PHONE! ON APPLE & GOOGLE PLAY
Meanwhile, Merseyside chiefs are also 'pushing' to sign the Senegalese teenager, who's said to be 'keen' on a potential move to Anfield if PSG are amenable to selling him.
Should neither of those two arrive at Liverpool, TEAMtalk reported that Yankuba Minteh is an alternative target in whom the Reds hold a 'concrete interest'.

#Liverpool #amid #barcola
gve_xe4
1 month ago
Friday's transfer rumours feature Liverpool's search for Mohamed Salah's successor and a five-team Premier League chase for one of Norway's World Cup stars.
Brighton have slapped an £80million asking price on Yankuba Minteh, amid interest from Liverpool. Andoni Iraola's side are weighing up an offer for the 21-year-old, as the Reds search for Mohamed Salah's successor. According to TEAMtalk, the Seagulls are using Anthony Gordon's transfer to Barcelona to judge the value of the winger market.
Also in from TEAMtalk is a competitive chase forAntonio Nusa. The 21-year-old has caught the eye during Norway's World Cup campaign and has grown a long list of suitors. ***** nal and Tottenham are among those keen on the €50m-rated Leipzig winger, though Aston Villa, Newcastle United and Crystal Palace are all monitoring the situation.
Real Madrid have reportedly rejected interest fromChelsea and Manchester United for Alvaro Carreras. The Spanish side want to keep the left-back in their group, despite Marc Cucurella's arrival from Chelsea. Fabrizio Romano reports that Premier League approaches have been rebuffed.
Manchester United, have, however 'opened contact' withBorussia Dortmund defender Julian Ryerson. Fresh from 15 ***** ists in the Bundesliga last season, BILD report that the Red Devils are keen to land the Norwegian. Dortmund value Ryerson at €30m.
cable8aven
1 month ago
Liverpool are still searching for their successor to Mohamed Salah.
The Egyptian King, 34, was allowed to leave following an agreement to rip up his £400k contract one year early. But sporting director Richard Hughes is very much on the back foot regarding a new forward - because Yan Diomande is no longer approachable.
The outgoing Premier League champions were rebuffed in their attempts to land the Ivorian from RB Leipzig with a preference since expressed about favouring a move to Paris Saint-Germain.
That development leaves Liverpool shopping on their alternate list of targets - which includes Bradley Barcola, Matias Fernandez-Pardo and Said El Mala.
One more player reported to feature on that list is Yankuba Minteh. The 21-year-old Brighton attacker is seen as a successor to Salah inside Anfield - and a bid is coming imminently.
barelymostly6
2 months ago
Liverpool are set to have a surprise saviour this summer. A relegated star is in position.
Liverpool need a hero. To replace the last one, actually. Mohamed Salah is no longer a Red and it's absolutely necessary that they find a replacement.
Even if Salah's season was poor, he still put up six goals and six **** ists in the Premier League. Those aren't numbers that are easy to find - Yankuba Minteh, a proposed signing for the right flank, didn't match them.
But Liverpool are up against it. Yan Diomande has decided to pick Paris Saint-Germain as his next club, ignoring the Reds' interest.
It leaves a truly awful market to pick from, with remarkably few solid options. There's an elite class of player who are entirely out of reach, then a big drop-off to untested young players like Minteh.
compass_wtsl_vc_buff
2 months ago
Mohamed Salah's exit has left a huge void for Liverpool to fill in the summer transfer window.
RB Leipzig winger Yan Diomande is the frontrunner to replace the Egyptian King with the Reds already submitting an £86m bid for the 19-year-old.
As it stands, no breakthrough has been made in negotiations with the German side.
A number of alternatives have been mentioned such as Brighton's Yankubah Minteh, Koln's Said El Mala and Lille's Matias Fernandez-Pardo.
But Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler has thrown a new name into the mix…

Nothing found!

Sorry, but we could not find anything in our database for your search query {{search_query}}. Please try again by typing other keywords.